The Business of Treasury: Banking Perspective
This program aims to provide an essential comprehension of the terms and systems related to one of the most complex parts of business of treasury in the field of banking. It explains theprocess of managing the liquidation and the ways how the department can handle the bank’s profit objective for investment opportunities.
- Understand the various functions and activities of the treasury management department;
- Learn how the department manages the bank’s funds
- Appreciate the interrelationships between treasury and the other departments of the bank
- Identify the risks inherent in trading in fixed income securities, foreign exchange and derivatives and various strategies and be able to control them
The course will utilize lectures with presentations and interactive class discussion. Trainees will also be encouraged to brainstorm ideas during seat works/activities.
- Introduction: Basic concepts of Treasury
- Basics of market analysis
- Liquidity and reserves
- Money Market
- Foreign exchange