Global Trade and Finance
This course provides an overview of essential skills for managing financial transactions in an international trade. The course provides the foundational knowledge for trade and finance professionals focusing on areas of vital importance – terms of payment, financing of trade and currency risk management.
- Understand the theories and concepts of economics as they apply to international trade, finance and the international monetary system.
- Gain a foundational knowledge for Global Trade & Finance, focusing on areas of vital importance – terms of payment, financing of trade and risk management;
- Be introduced to Bank Payment Obligation as a new term of payment
- Provide the student an appreciation and understanding of the wider international economic context
- Build previous study of economics, trade and finance related topics
- Examine the factors that shape business decision-making and the developments in government policy that impact on the regulatory environment.
- Introduction to Global Trade
- Letter of credit as a payment term
- Letter of credit as a trade finance
- Life cycle of a letter of credit
- Trade and Treasury Services